Internal Medicine and Nephrology House Calls in New York:
- Deliver optimal internal medicine (internist) and nephrology (kidney) care to patients at home who have difficulty getting to a physician's office.
- Regular patient home visits to manage new and chronic medical conditions.
- Regular monitoring of prescription regimen.
- Coordination of care with other specialists and care providers within NYU and physicians outside the NYU network.
- Continuity of Care--Patients requiring hospital care for acute medical issues can be admitted to the NYU Langone Medical Center under Dr. Rabenou’s care. If admitted for non-medical (e.g. surgical) issues, Dr. Rabenou will continue to manage the medical issues of the patient while in the hospital and at home. (Note: You can be admitted to the hospital of your choice, but Dr. Rabenou only sees patients at NYU.)
- Maintenance of a comprehensive electronic medical record for each patient with secure online access to medical problem lists and lab results for the patient and/or designated family member.
- Through optimal at home care, to decrease the number of hospitalizations.
- Determine patient and family goals of care to optimize quality of life and to tailor medical care appropriately.